Monday, December 8, 2014

Welcome to the Bead Hoarder's Blog Hop!!!  I am a Bead Hoarder!
Not exactly like others you will meet in this hop but a hoarder none the less!!!
A lot of the Amazing Beaders whose blogs you will read will have beads they don't bead with or keep because inspiration has not struck or they are very precious!
I am a bead hoarder because when I get on a roll designing fun beady projects, I don't stop to do something as "organized" as putting the beads away before starting on another project!!! LOL  So if you think about it, here I am beading away, bracelet after ring after earrings after necklace, never putting the other beads away...
Got that picture in your head...something resembling a small mountain range or a volcano erupting!!! LOL  You would be soooooo RIGHT!!!
So how do you find room?  Where do you make the next project when you are swimming in beads on your table...I found A solution [not necessarily the right solution but...]
I MAKE A CHRISTMAS BOX!!!
What is a Christmas Box? all of those wonderful beads that are rolling around with all of the other wonderful beads get...wait for it...dumped in...YOU GUESSED IT...1 storage box!!, or cardboard box or glad bag or...
I call it a Christmas box because every time you open it, it is like Christmas, you never know what you will find.
I took pictures of my Christmas box that I will design out of this time...yes Friends, I do have more than 1...lol
So I made a couple of pieces out of the box I am showing you.  It is really fun and hey when you are done you don't have to sort the beads anymore!!!
 So I sifted through all of the beads in the box, turned the box over and sifted through all of those beads too!  I found several beads of a couple of different kinds so I started working out the designs!
You can see some of the beads I worked with in these pictures.  I am sure you will recognize them in just a minute!


 My first design is a double stranded necklace with acrylic patterned beads and ceramic beads I got in a destash..see I was helping someone else with their hoarded beads too!!! LOL.
I wanted something striking but not seriously time consuming as I was already a couple of days late!!!
So Of course I had to throw in some crystal and a couple of pretty alloy charms just to make it a bit more snazzy.  Simple doesn't have to mean boring.!!
So there are a couple of other pictures of this necklace.  The blue and the silver and the crystals in green all come together nicely!


Then i went to work on the other beads I found that I wanted to work with!  They are red ceramic patterned beads and a larger not quite as red acrylic bead.  I used memory wire on this one!  The ceramic beads give it some weight and the acrylic make it so that it is not uncomfortably heavy.Here are a couple of different pictures of this design as well!  I really hope you had as much fun with my Christmas box as I did.
Don't forget to go to Lori McDaniel Anderson's  blog for a list of all the wonderful beady hoarders! prettythingsblog.com.   Have a Blessed Day!!!

24 comments:

  1. Absolutely love both pieces, the two stranded necklace is so rich and beautiful, what a statement And well I am partial to red, gorgeous bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I am soooo Glad you love them Kepi!!! Those are such nice things to say! I hope you have a Blessed day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a christmas box! What fun to create beautiful pieces and not have to clean up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, yes it really is much easier as long as you are not an organized soul who looks at the box and shudders...lol. Hope you have a Blessed Day!

      Delete
  4. Lovely! And hey, just realized that I have several 'christmas boxes & baggies' too! lol Whenever I don;t have time or are in a rush to 'clean up'.. poof! christmas box :D hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Skye, I am soooo glad that I am not the only one that see this as a great way to keep going. LOL Glad you like them. Have a Blessed Day!!

      Delete
  5. Hi Robin, Both of your pieces are lovely. The blue necklace is my favorite. Your Christmas boxes are a wonderful idea. I enjoy digging through bead assortments a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky, I am so glad you like the designs!!! I kind of like the necklace better too. LOL The Christmas box I gave my daughter sure made her happy!! LOL Have a Blessed Day!

      Delete
  6. I love the idea of a Christmas box - I always try to keep my beads sorted but the festive look of your unsorted beads grabbed me :) And I am really wondering how did you manage to make two monochromatic pieces from this assortment of beads. Both designs are so appealing so I can't pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL It took a lot of digging and a little of this and that from other "stashes" I have A LOT of glass cane beads in there and I am thinking of making something with those. I am going to have to wash them all though they are kind of dusty I think. I am really glad you like them Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely designs. But those floral beads in that first necklace have me a bit envious, very unusual, I've never seen anything quite like those. And by no means was that necklace simple or boring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry it took me so long to respond Maria, I thought these would be easy to find more of but I can't find any either. I really like them, they make a statement without being heavy or really bold. Hope you have a Blessed Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...I LOVE LOVE LOVE that first necklace. The pattern on the beads reminds me of the fabric in a quilt that my grandmother had on her bed when I was a little girl...So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lisa!!! I am so glad you Love it!!! It turned out nice!!! I am glad that it triggers a nice memory! Have a Blessed Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you work the double strand is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gina, thank you so much! I am glad you like it! I love doing multi strands. Hope you have a Blessed Day!

      Delete
  13. That necklace with those rich blues is gorgeous. I really like the double strands, they are well balanced. The red bracelet threw me off at first, not sure why. As I continued to study it though I started seeing the intricacy in the patterns and textures.
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bijoux Gems Joy! I do lots of multi strands but usually they are not that balanced. I do a lot of Asymmetric designs. I agree with you the red bracelet is a little odd but then so am I! LOL Have a Blessed Day!

      Delete
  14. Hi Robin, thank you for leaving me a comment, with Christmas I am a bit behind with my comments too. I think you have a real way with beads! I love the blue necklace and that red bracelet is so cheerful in this cold season just the thing.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jackie, I am still trying to comment on them, still hopping..lol I am so glad you like it. Have a Blessed Day!

      Delete
  15. I would love to sift through all those beads! Even though I have a box or two million. But still, ya know. Beads.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lori!!! Thank you so much just for being who you are!!! Yeah, the boxes are really a lot of fun!!! Hope you get better every day. Hugs and Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! Lovely designs, such vivid colours. That red is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello!! I am so glad you like it!!! I love vivid colors!!! Have a Blessed Day!!!

    ReplyDelete